Sat. May 25th, 2024

BREAKING-Coup Alert: Aso Rock placed Under High Alert –

By admin Feb 26, 2024
Spread the love

EXCLUSIVE: Presidential Guards Brigade Placed On High Alert Over Suspicions Of Coup Plot In Nigeria; Key Brigades Under Watch As Commander Holds Emergency Meetings With Tinubu, Gbajabiamila.

Sahara Reporters.

 

 

The Presidential Guards Brigade has been put on high alert following unusual movements, leading to suspicions of a coup plot in Nigeria.

SaharaReporters exclusively learnt on Sunday that the suspicions prompted emergency meetings involving the Commander of the Presidential Guards Brigade, Col. Adebisi Onasanya, President Bola Tinubu and the Chief of Staff, Femi Gbajabiamila.

“The Presidential Guards Brigade was placed on high alert after unusual armoured corps movement spurred coup suspicion,

 

“Last week, Col. Onasanya met with the President and Chief of Staff twice within 20 hours.

They have also placed key brigades under watch due to planned protest,” a top Presidency source told SaharaReporters

There has been tension in the country amid the current hardship, rising inflation and high cost of living following the removal of fuel subsidy and floating of the naira by President Tinubu’s administration

 

The floating of the naira allows the market forces to determine its value. The policies have pushed up the prices of goods and services astronomically, increased the rate of inflation and worsened hardship in the country

Last week, the Chief of Defence Staff, General Christopher Musa, warned people calling for a coup over the current economic hardship in Nigeria to desist from such

 

Musa, who said the Armed Forces would continue to protect the country’s democracy, warned that the long arms of the law would soon catch up with the proponents of coup d’état

While fielding questions from journalists when he inaugurated the main entrance of the 6 Division, Nigerian Army and Officers Transit Accommodation in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, the CDS admitted that the country was going through serious economic challenges.

 

He, however, insisted that having a military coup in the country was not an option.

the NLC may lead to anarchy due to the tense nature of the country amid current hardship and prevailing hunger in the land.

The government warned that the NLC would be in contempt of court if the planned protest was held. But a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Femi Falana has written to Fagbemi, noting that NLC would not be in contempt of court over its planned nationwide protest

In the letter dated February 24, 2024, and addressed to Fagbemi, Falana said, “We submit, without any fear of contradiction, that the proposed public protest of the NLC is not contemptuous of the two ex parte orders of the National Industrial Court. In particular, the issue of contempt does not arise as the NLC has challenged the jurisdiction of the National Industrial Court to entertain the substantive case.”

https://saharareporters.com/2024/02/25/exclusive-presidential-guards-brigade-placed-high-alert-over-suspicions-coup-plot

https:///SaharaReporters/status/1761822830667202775?s=20

By admin

Related Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Join Our Whatsapp Group For More News. CLICK HERE..